Being a self-taught quilter, I need a machine that lets me hit the high notes with ease. The Baby Lock Soprano does exactly that. It’s easy to get started with the advanced needle threader and quick-set, top-loading bobbin. I’m all set to quilt in no time. The Advanced Pivoting Feature is another handy tool. It makes it easy to turn corners and curves that don’t always follow “the rules” in my modern quilt patterns. I also love the Automatic Fabric Sensor System. It delivers the right amount of tension for my stitches no matter what type of fabric I’m using. And with 300-built in stitches and tons of accessory feet, I never miss a beat when I use the Soprano.
–Amy Ellis, Author & Founder of Amy’s Creative Side
See your stitch settings directly on the LCD Screen. You’ll always know which stitch type and size you’re using.
Built-In Stitch Memory
Save your èustom stitches and favorite settings with the built-in stitch memory.
Advanced Pivoting Feature
Turn corners, follow curves and maneuver around applique shapes easily.
Automatic Fabric Sensor System
The Soprano delivers the right amount of pressure and thread tension when sewing or quilting on a variety of fabrics.
Advanced Needle Threader
Follow the path and press a lever. That’s all it takes to thread the Soprano!
300 Built-In Stitches
With 300 built-in stitches, you’ll have many creative options. From numerous utility stitches to decorative ones, you’ll find something for every project.
Quick-Set, Top-Loading Bobbin
When you’re ready to sew, simply drop a bobbin in and go.
Quilting Extension Table
Increase your sewing surface and provide extra support for larger projects. Table measures 12-5/8″ x 20-3/4″.
Built-In Accessory Storage
The Soprano comes with a built-in accessory case holding 16 extra feet and helpful tools for all types of projects.
Change needle positions, raise and lower the presser foot, cut thread, start and stop sewing and more – all with the touch of a button.
- Utility stitch editing capabilities
- Store personal stitch settings for each utility stitch on machine
- Reset key
- Decorative stitch editing capabilities
- – Back to the beginning key, returns to the beginning of a decorative stitch pattern
– Edit and combine Character/ Decorative stitches
– 15 Memory Pockets for Character/Decorative stitches
– Step stitch pattern
- Mirror-image capability for stitches
- Variable needle positions
- Programmable needle up/down
- Lateral and diagonal feeding
- Fully automatic built-in darning
- Twin needle settings
- Convenient one-touch buttons for o Thread cutter
- – Automatic presser foot lift
– Needle up/down
– Reinforcement key
– Reverse sewing
- Quick-Set bobbin winder
- Needle plate with scale in inches
- and centimeters
- Additional seam markings on bobbin cover for needle position preference
- Free arm
- Two accessory storage compartments
- Built-in help messages
- Knee lift
- 16 Snap-on feet
- – Buttonhole
– Zig zag
– Blind stitch
– Button fitting
– Free-motion quilting
– Free-motion open toe quilting
– Free-motion echo quilting
– 1/4″ Quilting foot with a guide o Stitch guide foot
- – Open toe foot
– Teflon foot
– Adjustable zipper/piping foot
- Quilting extension table
- Quilting guide
- Soft cover for machine
- Seam ripper
- Twin needle
- Plus more
- LCD Screen (3 5/16″ x 10/4″)
- 300 Built-in stitches including
- – 99 Utility with 10 one-step buttonhole styles
– 94 Decorative
– 17 Satin
– 18 Decorative satin
– 14 Cross
– 58 Combinable Utility stitches
- 5 Built-in alphabets
- Maximum utility stitch width: 7mm
- Stitch length 0.0mm – 5.0mm
- Automatic Fabric Sensor System adjusts presser foot pressure and tension to deliver perfect stitch
- Automatic tension
- Advanced needle threader
- Automatic thread cutter
- Quick-Set, top-loading bobbin
- Advanced Pivoting Feature
- Ergonomic hands-free presser foot lift
- 8.3” Workspace to the right of the needle
- 2 LED Enhanced lights that illuminate the needle and work area
- Quilting extension table (20-3/4″ x 12-5/8″)
- Sewing speed up to 850 spm
- Drop feed