1. You must be pre-registered to attend a class at Sew Vac Outlet (Humble Sewing Center).
2. Classes are reserved on a first-come basis. Only full payment of the class fee will reserve a spot in the class for you. Payments will be processed at the time of registration. It helps us, and helps the classes to make if you sign up as early as possible.
3. Please mark class dates and times on your calendar. If you cannot attend your class and you would like a refund, you must cancel within 48 hours prior to the class. Otherwise, class fees are not refundable unless we cancel because minimum enrollment is not met.
4. Many classes have waiting lists, so if you cannot attend, please let us know so your space can be filled.
5. Supply lists are listed on our website with the class description. The class schedule is offered as a courtesy and a service to our customers. We appreciate your support by purchasing thread, needles, stabilizers, etc. at Humble Sewing Center. We do not carry all of the supplies that you will need for your class in the store, so please contact your instructor if you need help locating any of the other supplies.
6. Classes will start promptly—please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you are set up and ready to go when class starts. Late arrivals disrupt the class and inconvenience the educator and other attendees. We understand that sometimes unavoidable situations arise, but we do ask you to help us in this matter.
7. Most of our classes require a sewing machine or serger in class. When you bring your machine, be sure to remember the electrical cord, the foot control, all accessories and the owner’s manual. We cannot lend power cords, hoops, foot pedals, accessory feet or other supplies for use during classes.
8. You must know how to operate your sewing machine to attend any Hands-On classes at HSC. If you have not sewn for a while or are borrowing a friend’s machine, please familiarize yourself with the machine before coming to class. Unless otherwise noted, these are not intended to be machine operation guide classes.
9. Cellular phones should be set to vibrate during class as a courtesy to other students and the instructor.
10. Software Classes: Please come with the latest software updates already downloaded and installed on your laptop before class begins. If the software requires a dongle (security device), bring it with you.
Basic Sewing Supplies for All Classes:
- Pen & Paper
- Seam Ripper
- Extra Bobbins
- Everything On Supply List
**All machines brought to class should be in good working condition. We cannot service your machine during a class. If your machine breaks during class, we can check it in for service. No same day service is available.